Monday, December 21

Weaving together theory and practice

I hope that this month we can share what projects we are working on and some questions that we are pondering...

Currently, I'm exploring funding opportunities that allow for 'action research' or research outcomes that are directly applicable to practice. In this case I am proposing to research reforms to newcomer youth programs in Toronto that are geared toward evolving populations with diverse and interconnected needs. I hope to employ film, radio, theatre, storytelling, spoken word, among other mediums to document and disseminate research outcomes suggested by youth. Any comments and/or ideas for discussion would be greatly appreciated.

How can we really ensure that research is bridged to practice?

Even if we use 'accessible' mediums like film and theatre how do we measure their impact or reach?

Anonymous said...
Currently, I'm completing an application for funding to work with the Akwesasne youth in New York State. I'm proposing an action research project where the youth guide the process for defining an agenda for action according to what issues are important to them. If you're interested in proofreading the proposal or just providing some insight, I've got a couple more days with it! Thanks! Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment